Purchasing a home is probably the largest single investment you will ever make and it pays to make sure the property in question is free from problems and defects before you sign the papers. All Services Property Maintenance is a licensed home inspector with many years of general construction experience behind us. As a local Bellingham WA business, our name is only as good as our reputation so we take pride in performing top quality home inspections for both buyers and sellers to ensure a safe, secure building.
Realtors may not always be completely forthcoming when trying to sell a home. They need the sale so you have to be sure to take a careful look at all aspects of the property you are considering. The most effective way to accomplish this is to arrange a home inspection with a licensed, impartial home inspector. He or she will be willing to tell you everything about a home, especially if it is something that could cause you problems or cost a lot down the line.
The top reasons for consulting with a home inspector
Although buying or selling a home is the main reason people have a home inspection, it is also beneficial under other circumstances as well. Given the extensive process of inspecting all components of a property, a home inspection is a good way for a home owner to be aware of maintenance needs and avoid costly problems in the future – it could be considered trouble shooting. Typically, home inspections look at all aspects of the property;
- The structure of the home – foundation, walls, ceilings, floors and roof
- The exterior of the home – drainage, driveway, sidewalks, fencing, patios, porches, weather-tightness of windows and doors, condition of paint and siding, over-hanging tree limbs and general landscaping
- Interior of the home – general condition and appearance of walls, floors, closets, hardware and steps
- Plumbing – proper operation of toilets, sinks, showers and tubs, faucets and traps as well as venting and general pipe conditions
- Electrical – wiring, receptacles and electrical connections, light fixtures and fans, the main panel and circuit breakers
- Appliances – proper functioning and general condition of stove, oven, built-in microwave, dishwasher, garbage disposal and smoke detectors
- Systems and their components – heater and air conditioner with duct work, vents, fireplace and chimney and water heater
An additional service provided by a licensed home inspector is to act as an expert witness if there is any type of complaint or lawsuit involving a contractor’s work.
Professional home inspections at a reasonable price
Our goal at ASPM is to provide you with peace of mind – not give you more to worry about. Our fees are reasonable and our professional experience guarantees a thorough inspection of your home or property with a clear and complete final report detailing our findings. Home inspections from All Services Property maintenance are the safe choice as we are fully licensed, insured and bonded and have done considerable work for private homeowners, insurance companies and government agencies.
Need a Home Inspection from someone you can trust?
Contact us to schedule a home inspection from the professionals at All Services Property Maintenance.