For a great appearance and tremendous durability, siding makes a great finish on the exterior of your home. Given the number of high quality options today, it is important to do your homework and check out the alternatives. Siding installation can be a quick process but if you don’t know what you are doing or are inexperienced, things can quickly go wrong. If you are thinking of installing siding, call the professionals at All Service Property Maintenance and we’ll will guide you through the variety of products available as well as the steps needed to complete the job.
Siding products have been on the market since the 1960s but the latest offerings are significantly better for a number of reasons. With new technology and production techniques, today’s siding is much more durable, comes in a wider variety of colors, patterns and textures, and lasts much longer without fading.
Create a checklist to help you decide what is best
Vinyl is not the only type of siding on the market today although that is what most people imagine when they hear the term. There are many qualities to consider when choosing between the various types of siding and some basic questions that can help you make your determination.
- Vinyl siding is widely available in an assortment of colors and finishes and provides easy maintenance and dependable coverage.
- Insulated siding is vinyl with insulation included. Some types are bonded together whereas others are separate pieces, but either choice adds a helpful insulation factor to your home.
- Engineered wood siding uses wood byproducts (sawdust and shavings) mixed together with a bonding agent to create panels that are stronger than natural wood and can be factory painted.
- Fiber cement siding is a blend of wood fiber and a cement mixture including sand, and is extremely durable, highly water resistant and incombustible.
- Wood can be used in a number of methods for siding a home such as clapboard, shingles, shakes and vertical boards, all of which offer natural beauty and are a renewable resource that offers long life.
Identifying the pros and cons of each type of siding installation is the best way to determine the product that is best for your home and budget.
- What styles and colors are available?
- What type of maintenance is required and how often?
- How durable is the product and how long should it last before needing to be replaced?
- Can the color be changed (painted or stained)?
- What product works best in my geographical region and climate conditions?
- How much does it cost – initially and in the long term?
- Is it fire-retardant?
ASPM is your full service siding installation contractor
When you contact us about your siding needs, we will promptly set up a convenient consultation to go over your ideas and offer our advice. As a licensed home inspector and experienced siding installer, we will explain the options to you carefully and provide you with a reasonable bid. All of our tradesmen are highly experienced and fully licensed, bonded and insured. As a local business, we are part of your community and depend on your total satisfaction to maintain our reputation and good name. That means that you, the client, are our prime concern so we offer a wide range of services with excellent results at great prices.